I currently work for what I think is a brilliant man. He can put together points so well in life, that he can make what often seems like life’s struggles something much easier to manage. We were having a discussion over some a presentation, the discussion was substance over presentation style. I am personally its all about the message, and I think the message will speak for itself, but others like the wow factor more than the message. I was commenting on that sometimes it is difficult to compromise your beliefs to meet others expectations. He told me that isn’t the point, and then proceeded to tell me the advice he gives to his children. So according to my boss these are the five things you could focus on in life.
1. Health – without health you have nothing.
2. Wealth – without wealth your life is made more difficult.
3. Happiness – you can have health wealth, but if you don’t have happiness it doesn’t matter.
4. You should be grounded – your feet always need to be on the ground, and you should realize you have limitations, and you should not make people angry. Be humble.
5. What service you can provide to others – your value in life is what you provide to others, this is where our spiritual side comes in.
He said if you aligned yourself to those basic five principals other things would fall into line. I know my life lately has had a lot of random struggles in it, and this seems to be what I needed to hear to help put things in perspective. I am hopeful that using these five principals will help eliminate the arguments that I feel I need to hang onto, so I can grasp other things in my life.